Why use 9 different kitchen appliances when you get one multi use cooker for everything? And with over 6800reviews on Amazon, the Instant Pot 60 Duo Plus is probably your best bet.
But is it right for you?
Steam, saute, pressure cook, slow cook - these are just some of the functions a multi-use cooker is designed for. But quality is a key factor in choosing the right brand because they experience more wear and tear than conventional appliances. They also integrate digital and Smart features for added convenience and ease of use.
So, whether you’re looking for a great gift idea or need a quality multi use kitchen appliance for your own use, this Instant Pot 60 DUO Plus 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure, Slow, Rice, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer review will help you decide.
Amazon Rating: 4.6 / 5 Stars
Product Type: Programmable Kitchen Appliance - Cookware
- Dimensions: 13.4 x 12.2 x 12.5 inches
- Weight: 14.3 pounds
- 9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Cooking Functions
- 15 One-Touch Smart Programs
- 304-grade Stainless Steel
- LED Screen
- 6 Qt Capacity (Serves up to 6 people)
- 10 Built In Safety Features
- Instant Pot App (Free Download iOS or Android)
Best Suited For
- Pressure Cooker recipes
- Slow Cooker
- Yogurt Dishes
- Egg Cooker
- Steamed Recipes
Instant Pot 60 Duo Plus Multi Use Cooker Review (FULL)
Finally, you can replace your mom’s old pressure cooker and upgrade with the latest digital features for a truly smart cooking experience. This electric pressure cooker from Instant Pot is a multi use kitchen appliance that will save space in your kitchen, and add more time back to your life.
- 6 Qt Size
- 9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure,
- Stainless Steel/Black
What We Like….
The makers of Instant Pot Duo Plus claims to be “the #1 best-selling cooker in the Instant Pot family”. We can’t tell you whether that’s true or not, but we can say it’s the latest and most improved so far. With 3 new programs, Cake, Egg, and Sterilize, the Instant Pot 9-in-1 expands its multi-use functionality while retaining its efficient, one pot, fast paced cooking design.
The Duo Plus 9-in-1 Programmable kitchen appliance relies on advanced microprocessor technology to automate the cooking experience while achieving superior results. With its 6 quart capacity it easily supports healthy cooking for busy households or large families of up to 6 people. Sterilize baby bottles, jars, and utensils or pressure cook soft and moist cakes; steam cook rice and vegetables for 4, or pasteurize milk, the Duo Plus is the perfect addition to any busy kitchen.
Smart features, a large blue LCD screen for programming and adjusting temperature or pressure levels, and over ten safety features make the Duo Plus incredibly easy to use. View the status of your cooker any time by observing the indicators so you can always monitor the progress of your meals.
Overall, the Instant Pot Duo Plus is a welcome improvement of an already great multi use kitchen appliance.
Is A Multi Use Electric Pressure Cooker Worth It?
Multi use kitchen appliances are a great way to save time and space in your kitchen. By combining the functions of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, steam cooker, and crock pot, these compact devices help reduce clutter in your kitchen and more.
Add Variety To Your Cooking
Sauteed vegetables, beef stew, steamed rice or noodles, batches of perfectly boiled eggs - a quality electric pressure cooker gives you more cooking options than a skillet or frying pan.
Great For Batch Cooking
A multi use electric pressure cooker is designed for batch cooking, which is perfect for large families. If you research reviews online, you’ll find 6, 8, and even 10-quart size pressure cookers for different size households. Of course, you’ll need to clear countertop space to accommodate a large capacity unit but you certainly have options. And it still beats buying multiple kitchen appliances.
Advanced Digital Features
Thanks to the integration of digital programming features and app technology, a quality multi use electric pressure cooker allows for automated cooking so you can spend more time with the kids and less time prepping. Once you program the pressure levels, temperature settings, and timer, you can tweak your recipes over time, building on each experience to achieve the perfect results.
The cost of maintaining an electric pressure cooker is extremely minimal. Regular washing is all that’s required. 304 stainless steel or any premium grade stainless steel offers the best quality because of its durability and resistance to corrosion. If you wash out the internal pot after each use and wipe down the exterior, your pressure cooker should last 3 - 5 years or more.
Damage to the digital interface or LCD screen is the most common problem you’ll find with these devices. Be sure to check the warranty coverage for your product and choose brands with a good reputation for excellent customer service.
A Few Simple Multi Use Electric Pressure Cooker Buying Tips
- Each multi use electric pressure cooker has its own unique specifications and instructions for use. Always read the user manual that comes with your kitchen appliance. Using the product for reasons other than the intended purpose, for example, can render the warranty invalid.
- Teflon coating can scratch when scrubbed. Over time, the coating can also absorb odors from food. Food-grade teflon should be BPA free . Be careful when cleaning them not to scratch the surface.
- Programmable functions and wifi connectivity are great, but they can be overwhelming and tricky for beginners. Quite often, it can be easy to underutilize a multi use pressure cooker. Start with the presets available on your pressure cooker. When you’ve mastered those, you can try one new function at a time to familiarize yourself with it.
- Even the best kitchen appliances experience wear and tear. Manufacturing defects can also occur, and they can be very frustrating. Quality customer service is just as important as quality design and engineering. Research your options carefully and stick with brands with a proven track record for valuing their customers to avoid buyer’s remorse later.
As kitchenware appliances go, an electric pressure cooker isn’t the most expensive item you can buy. Still, if you’re going to spend the money, the Instant Pot 60 Duo Plus will take you far for a very reasonable price.
Hopefully, this review has helped shed some light on the product so you can make your decision. Thanks for reading!