When the mercury starts to dip outdoors, working in your greenhouse, den, shed, or garage can get pretty dreary. Poorly insulated conditions allows heat to escape, so even a powerful space heater does little to keep your fingers and toes warm. The UFO UK-15 Electric Infrared Heater with Remote Control, however, is an economical solution for heating any small, poorly insulated space.
In this UFO UK-15 Electric Infrared Heater with Remote Control review, you’ll learn all the pros and cons of this product in detail.
Amazon Rating: 3.8 / 5 Stars
- 1500 Watt, 110 Volt
- 5 Heat Settings
- 4 Wall Mount Brackets
- 12000+ Hours Filament Life (replacements sold separately)
- Remote Control
- 8 ft Cord
- Aluminum Casing
Best Suited For
- Small spaces
- Residential, Commercial, or Industrial
- Indoor Heating - up to 161 sq.ft
- Outdoor Heating - up to 108 sq.ft.
UFO UK-15 Electric Infrared Heater Review (Full)
If you’re considering purchasing the UFO UK-15 online, there are actually 2 versions of this product. The silver model does not include a remote. The bronze one does, so be careful when placing your order.
The UFO UK-15 Electric Infrared Heater with Remote Control is a 1500 watt, electric infrared heater for indoor and outdoor use. Whether you need to heat your garage interior, your repair shed, or a small storage room for valuable antiques, the UFO UK-15 is engineered for rapid, direct heat where you need it, when you need it.
ASSEMBLY AND MOUNTING
You’ll be happy to know there’s no assembly required. Cased inside a durable aluminum housing, the UFO UK-15’s mid-wave infrared filament inside is protected from wind and rain. It includes 4 mounting brackets and screws so you can attach it to a wall or ceiling.
The 8 ft cord provides a reasonably sufficient reach and plugs into any standard grounded outlet on your wall. Some users have noted that the mounting brackets are flimsy and may not be of sufficient strength for a wall or ceiling mount.
Once you plug it in, you’ll notice there is virtually no noise. Since it uses infrared heating, the UFO UK-15 works more like a lamp. There are five adjustable heat settings so you can select your desired level of comfort. The remote control is fairly straightforward and includes a few basic programming functions such as a timer, sleep mode, and a clock.
Without a fan or any internal gears, the UFO UK-15 operates extremely quietly, producing only a low hum similar to that of industrial lighting. Built-in thermal sensors shut off the heater when the optimum temperature has been achieved, saving you money on energy.
At 1500 watts, this infrared heater can achieve temperatures as high as 72 degrees Fahrenheit. You can adjust the reflector to direct heat in your direction so that energy and heat isn’t wasted. From as far as 20 ft away, you can feel the infrared heat this thing generates, so it’s very important where you install it.
Installing it over a bed, for example, or directly in the line of any flammable material could be a potential fire hazard. You’ll need at least 3 ft of clearance to use the heater safely.
To operate the remote control, you’ll need two AAA batteries. It has a bright LCD screen that displays all the settings.
You can use the remote to:
- Turn the heater on or off
- Switch the heater to standby mode
- Set the time and timer
- Activate the sleep mode when not in use
- Use the ‘Everyday’ setting for preset parameters
The UFO UK-15 is so compact and easy to install that it’s suitable for a wide range of commercial applications. You can use it to heat your bathroom, garage, den, or backyard greenhouse. It’s so energy efficient that business owners will find it a less costly alternative to central heating.
The commercial grade quality of this infrared space heater allows for use in the following applications:
- Retail store
- Swimming pool
- Auto shop
The UFO UK-15 is built for extremely low maintenance. All you need to do is change the infrared filament when it fails. It has a 12,000 lifespan, which should provide 500 days of service if you use it 24 hours a day. The reflector should be changed every 2 years, according to the manufacturer.
Replacements must be ordered from the manufacturer or a licensed dealer of the product. The user manual includes instructions for cleaning the reflector and IR filament.
What We Like….
How To Maintain Your UFO UK-15 Electric Infrared Heater
When using an electrical appliance or device, you should follow the user instructions carefully for operation and maintenance. Each brand of electric infrared heater has its own specifications and features to be aware of. There are, however, some maintenance tips and practices that can be applied to all infrared heaters.
Here are some maintenance tips to follow for using your UFO UK-15 heater taken from the user manual.
- To avoid potential fire hazards, always unplug your electric infrared heater when not in use.
- Avoid using an electric infrared heater in wet or rainy conditions.
- If you install an infrared heater for use in your bathroom, be sure there is enough clearance from flammable materials and objects.
- The UFO UK-15 Electric Infrared Heater is not for vertical use. It should be mounted in the horizontal position only.
- Do not block or cover the grid that protects the filament. Do not operate without the grid securely attached.
- Keep flammable objects 3 - 25 feet away from the infrared heater. Cluttered spaces should be cleaned and the area you want to warm should be clear of flammable debris.
- Using an extension cord can cause overheating. The cord should be a minimum of 14AWG and rated for no less than 2000 watts.
- Clean the reflector mirror and filament regularly to keep the infrared heater functioning at optimum levels. Dust gathers on the surface and can reduce the effectiveness of the device.
- Change the filament as directed by the manufacturer.