Get the power of ten different cooking appliances all in one amazing kitchen appliance! Leading the kitchenware pack with enhanced features, the Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 10-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker might just be the only appliance you’ll ever need in your kitchen!
Saute, bake, slow cook, pressure cook, sous vide or steam - you’ll always have options with the Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus as your cooking partner. But it doesn’t end there. You also get a yogurt maker, a grain maker, and a warmer, all for much less than it would cost to buy these appliances separately.
With more than twenty upgrades, this multi-cooker is an Amazon favorite, and ours!. Check out the Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 10-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker review for our full review and overall ratings.
Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 10-in-1 Overview
Product Name: Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 10-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Product Type: Multi-Cooker, 8-Quart
Best Suited For:
- Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Grain Maker,
- Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, Sous Vide,
- Bake, and Warmer
- Gas, Electric or Stovetop Cooking
Fire Food Chef Rating
Score (out of 5)
Construction and Durability
Ease of Use
Cleaning and Maintenance
Overall Score: 96%
You might also like: INSTANT POT 60 DUO PLUS MULTI USE COOKER REVIEW
Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 10-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker Review (Full)
- Dimensions: 17 x 16 x 15.5 inches
- Weight: 22.8 Pounds
- 8-Qt Capacity
- 10 Cooking Functions
- Cookware-Grade Inner Pot with Easy Grip Handles
- Steam Rack with Handles with Steam-diffusing Cover
- QuickCool Technology
- Extra Sealing Rings
- 48 Customizable Presets
Amazon Rating: 4.6/5 Stars (60,000+ Ratings)
The Instant Pot Multi-Cooker series has been a company best seller for years, gradually improving with each new model. Well now, it seems the 8-qt Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus is set to outdo them all.
Following up on many of the great features that make Instant Pot such an amazing multi-cooker, an additional twenty new enhancements have been added to this latest model in the series. Twenty-percent faster than earlier models, the QuickCool Technology and high quality seal rings ensure your food is ready seventy times faster than conventional methods allow.
For new users there are over 1,000 recipes available online to help make your experience even easier. 48 presets cut down on your cooking time and takes the guess-work out of even the most challenging recipes. The large, front-facing interface has clearly marked, easy-to-use push-button functions, with built-in safety features to ensure perfect results every time!
A cooking-grade stainless steel inner pot can accommodate enough food for up to eight people, making the Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus an indispensable cooking appliance. Dishwasher-safe, durable, you’ll love the simple, elegant black and stainless steel design. Purchased as a gift or for your own use, this competitively-price multi-cooker packs a ton of value into one machine.
Take a look at each of our top review criteria.
Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus Multi-Cooker Functions
Clear some space in your kitchen cupboards and reduce the wear and tear on your oven. The Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus is a multi-tasking, multi-purpose cooking machine.
The only limit to your cooking is your imagination with these ten multi-cooker functions:
- Slow Cooker: Seal-ring keeps moisture in while the pressure release button gives you the ultimate control throughout the cooking process. Set the timer or use the presets to ensure your chili or braised beef is cooked low and slow to perfection.
- Pressure Cooker: Pot roast, mashed potatoes, BBQ ribs, beef or pork stews - all cooked in 70% less time than conventional pressure cookers. The seal-ring keeps air pressure sealed and the lid notifies you when your food is ready. It’s almost impossible to ruin your food!
- Rice Cooker: Never burn another pot of rice on the stovetop again. Customize your own preset or use one of the 48 existing presets to cook basmati, long grain, brown rice, jasmine or any other kind of rice. The cooking status reader on the front display shows you when your rice is ready.
- Grain Maker: Save time and take the hassle out of flaking grain! The Grain Maker function allows you to flake your own barley, granola, and other grains for cereal or beer making.
- Steamer: Diffuse steam lid reduces the risk of burning your fingers when removing the seal-tight lid. Steams delicious vegetables, rice, shrimps or anything else you’d like 70% faster than a traditional steaming method.
- Saute: Want to quickly sear and fry tilapia fish, salmon or a juicy cut of filet mignon? The Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus is stovetop friendly. The sauté function has 3 separate temperature settings: 'Normal' (heats to 320 degrees), 'More' (heats to 338 degrees), and 'Less' (heats to 221 degrees fahrenheit. The tall pot prevents oil from splattering on the top rim as well.
- Yogurt Maker: Allows you to make creamy yogurts in any flavor you desire!
- Sous Vide: Use the easy grip handles to remove the inner pot safely, then transfer to your stovetop for quickly frying fish, chicken or beef.
- Bake: Precision temperature control allows you to bake just like you would in your kitchen oven. The 1400 watt heating element is designed to heat rapidly to your selected temperature for baking a wide range of pastries.
- Warmer: Even after your food is cooked through, the Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus keeps food warm for up to 12 hours. Your food is always ready when you are!
Construction And Durability
First, you can’t help notice that this is a pretty large pressure cooker, weighing in at just under twenty-three pounds. Considering its 8-quart capacity, however, the Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus isn’t bulky or awkward to handle thanks to the easy grip handles on either side.
You’ll find the 304-grade stainless steel inner pot can take a real beating, and the exterior is also aluminum-free stainless steel. You can easily use it on a gas, electric or induction stovetop without wearing it out because the inner pot has a flat bottom of cooking-grade stainless steel.
Poached eggs in only 2 - 3 minutes? Delicious baked potatoes in twelve minutes? Yep. This multi-purpose really does perform as advertised. Regardless of the function, you can expect the same consistently great results every time.
Equipped with a powerful 1400 watt heating element, Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus drastically reduces your preheating time and cooking time by up to 70%. Whether you want to steam, pressure cook, slow cook, sauté, sous vide, bake, warm, or ferment and pasteurize, this innovative multi-cooker makes it easy.
To help beginners get started quickly, each of the 48 pre-programmed settings has its own timing and variable pressure, which the pot manipulates by adjusting the internal temperature as needed. On the manual setting, you can choose one consistent pressure, either high or low.
How The Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 10-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker Works
- Select ‘manual' on the interface to start cooking.
- Set the amount of time you want it to cook and the pressure, after which you will have a 10-second grace period.
- The LCD screen will read "on", but it takes a while before the display switches to the timer countdown. The amount of time you enter is for how long it will cook after it reaches full pressure.
- At the end of the cooking cycle, the lid audibly notifies you when it’s sealed. If the steam release valve isn’t sealed properly, the pot won’t build sufficient pressure. You can select either ‘Natural Pressure Release’, which takes between 15 - 20 minutes, or the QuickReleases, which de-pressurizes the pot in only one minute.
Ease Of Use
Like many of the other models in the Instant Pot Multi-Cooker series, the Evo Plus includes ergonomic features to facilitate ease of use. Despite its large capacity and weight, this pressure cooker has easy grip handles for lifting the inner pot easily onto your stove. There are also handles on the outer rim of the unit so you can lift the entire pressure cooker easily.
If you’re familiar with the earlier models, you’ll like the new ergonomic lid which includes an easy seal ring to keep pressure and steam locked in. The QuickCool technology adjusts the heating element efficiently to keep food warm and operates silently while you work at other tasks. When your food is ready, the steam diffusing cover quietly releases steam.
Best of all, the user interface on the front is refreshingly easy to read with a bright LCD screen and bold lettering. You can choose from 48 presets that record and remember your custom settings so your recipes come out the same way every time.
Another added feature over other Instant Pot multi-cookers is the ‘progress indicator’ which displays the progress of your recipe as its cooking.
Cleaning And Maintenance
There’s really not that much work involved in cleaning or maintaining the Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus. When you’re finished cooking, just throw the stainless steel pan into your dishwasher. Then, wipe it down with a damp cloth to keep it looking shiny.
The exterior scratches easily though, so avoid using anything abrasive on it. With regular cleaning after each use, it should last you several years with regular cleaning.